ABOUT THE PAN CELTIC
The Pan Celtic 2023 is a self-supported, ultra-endurance bicycle adventure, starting in the Breton port of St Malo and taking the riders on a voyage of true Celtic discovery through lands steeped in history, culture and stunning sights.
Reaching the port of Ouistreham, our hardy Clan will board a ferry to Portsmouth, where they will have to travel through Saxon lands to reach the sanctity of Welsh borders. Here, they will trace the ancient and large linear earthwork known as Offa’s Dyke, built by the Mercians to keep the raucous Celts in check.
• SIGN ON & BRIEFING: 1st July 2023.
Most of the sign-on process will be completed online to save on paperwork at the start and to comply will relevant Data Protection regulations. Riders will be provided with full instructions leading up to the race.
• EVENT START: 2nd July 2023.
• FULL ROUTE: Brittany – Wales
• DISTANCE & ELEVATION: 1,425 miles/ 72,911 ft
• SHORTER ROUTE: Brittany – Wales
• DISTANCE & ELEVATION: 1,066 miles/ 54,342 ft