We are super stoked, very proud and completely humbled to be able to share this with you all today when we recognise that the time for action in promoting the importance of racial and social mobility and inclusion is now. We are so happy to provide a space for someone in our 2021 race and to support them on their journey to the finish line and hopefully beyond!
Cloud 9 Cycles, the Pan Celtic Race and Veloqi have teamed up to present the Ultra Distance scholarship for BAME (Black, Asian, Minority Ethnic) cyclists. This scholarship was created to elevate representation in the discipline of Ultra Distance racing, and to initiate further conversation about diversity and inclusion in the cycling world.
The recipient of this scholarship will receive:
- A custom bike fit at Cloud 9 Cycles by Foundation Fit, specific to ultra-distance racing.
- A custom geo hand built Cloud 9 frame based on your bike fit.
- A fully custom bike build out of the Cloud 9 workshop with high-quality parts, and expertly fitted by our mechanics.
- A spot in the Pan Celtic Race 2021. There is a choice between the solo short (900 miles/1448 kms) or long (1600 miles/2757 kms) route options.
- Support from the Pan Celtic Race community including invitations to their famous ‘Gatherings’.
- Coaching support from Performance Coach Alison Wood of Veloqi from January 2021 to race day in July.
- Reasonable maintenance support from the Cloud 9 workshop for your bike during training and leading up to race day.
This scholarship is valued at £10,000 +
For more information about that fantastic scholarship, please visit the Cloud 9 website link below:
Please share this opportunity as far and as wide as possible. Many thanks!
Share this Post